Thursday, December 14, 2023

What's going on

  I haven't written much lately but a lot of things have been going on in my life. About 4 years ago my partner Susan was diagnosed with brain cancer. She had been having trouble with one of her legs and none of the tests showed anything wrong with it. The doctor decided to do a cat scan of her brain and that showed she had a tumor that was malignant. She was operated on it and they said most of up was removed. She then had infusions to try to control what was left. Unfortunately, she couldn't tolerate the treatments and her overall health declined. After being in the hospital for gastric problems, she passed away in October 2020. I knew that this outcome was coming but it still hit me hard. I'm much better now but I still miss her. I continue to live in the house that we purchased.

The next major event in my life involved my mom. She turned 98 on August second, 2022. Her health had been failing and it was very difficult for her to move around. She did manage to stay in her home though and enjoyed the many visits and help from her family. Sadly, she passed away on New years day, 2022. I will write another blog post of my memories of her soon.

My life hasn't been all sadness. I'm in a new relationship with a person who has brought joy back in to my life. My daughter purchased my mother's house and has been busy renovating it. So the house is still in the family. My other daughter gave birth to a son in 2022 so I'm a grandpa now. He is almost two now and growing up fast. My son is still living in my former home and he's been renovating that too. He has a boat which I go out on occasionally. I purchased a new car this year. I had to give up having a standard transmission but I really like my new car.


No comments:

Post a Comment