Thursday, June 11, 2020

Bedtime Storries

One thing I miss now is bedtime stories. When my children were young I would always read to them every night. It started with Heather. She had many favorite books but the one I remember most is "Sign Posts". It was a book I bought from a book sale that contained many stories. Her favorite story was "Daddy are we lost". It told the story of a family going on a trip to a certain destination that had many twists and turns. The father would ask for directions but almost always ended up where he started. And that's when the daughter would ask "daddy are we lost?". Everyone the dad would ask for directions end up saying "You can't miss it!". But of course the dad did miss it and finally admitted he was lost.

Brian was next. He had many favorite books too. One of the was "Green eggs and Ham" by Dr Seuss. I think I can still remember the whole book. He also liked "Are you my mother?" a story about a bird that was lost and kept asking different animals ig they were his mother. He finally did find her in the end.

Lastly was Erin. She had many favorite books also. She like Dr Seuss and books that I read to Brian and Erin.

I can still remember how I would lay down in their beds every night and read one or two books to them before they went to sleep. It was a very special time. I really missed it when they were all older and didn't need a bedtime story any more. All of them are avid readers and I like to believe I had something to do with that. We sometimes will share the same book.

1 comment: